Find a place where you can be quiet with your thoughts. Close your eyes and breathe deeply for several minutes, perhaps repeating a word or phrase to separate yourself from the activities of the day. When you feel settled and relaxed, consider:
- How does your connection to where you live sustain you?
- What do you have to offer the world that springs from your particular location?
- Have you spent time in an unfamiliar culture? What did you learn from the experience?
- What factors make it difficult for you to listen to others? What factors make it easy?
- What factors make it difficult for you to speak to others? What factors make it easy?