Activity time: 60 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Chalice, candle, and lighter or LED battery-operated candle
- Copies of Singing the Living Tradition
- Optional: Music player and assorted recorded music
- Optional: Materials gathered for Activity 5, Worship Planning Stations
Preparation for Activity
- Coordinate with the religious educator and others as appropriate to arrange for the group to lead a children's chapel.
Description of Activity
Participants coordinate and present a chapel service.
If your congregation offers children's chapel, invite the group to refine the worship service designed in the session and offer it as children's chapel.
Afterward, thank the group for participating in the chapel. Remind them that taking part in worship is one way to be a leader in the congregation and demonstrate their UU faith.