Activity 2: Story, Love Without Boundaries
Activity time: 20 minutes
Materials for Activity
- A copy of the story "Love Without Boundaries"
- Beach towels or throw blankets
- Optional: "Love Without Boundaries" coloring sheet, and crayons
Preparation for Activity
- Read the story several times.
- Place the towels or blankets on the floor.
- Optional: Download, print, and copy the coloring sheet (PDF). Place coloring sheets and crayons where children can use them when invited but will not be distracted beforehand.
Description of Activity
Participants experience the story in a calm, fun way that emphasizes some story details.
Ask participants to sit on the blankets or towels. Ask if they have ever been to a family picnic. Explain that the story today is about different kinds of families at a picnic.
Read the story and process with these questions:
- Why did Ruben think his family wasn't a real family?
- Is there only one kind of family?
- Is it right to treat families differently?
- How can we treat all families fairly?
- What did you learn about families?