Activity time: 12 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Blankets, sheets, pillows, duct tape, refrigerator boxes or other clubhouse-building materials
- Several large sheets of poster board, and color markers to share
Preparation for Activity
- Create two different work spaces in the room: one with a large, open area, and one at a large work table or several tables pushed together.
- Set the blankets, sheets, and other club-building materials in the open area.
- Place the poster board and markers on work table(s).
Description of Activity
Tell participants that this is free time to enjoy club activities. They can choose to spend their time on one activity or move around between the activities. At the tables they can make posters advertising the club. In the open area they can create a temporary clubhouse. Emphasize that the clubhouse needs to be big enough for everyone who might wish to join.
Including All Participants
As children make a clubhouse, encourage them to think about the accessibility of the physical space and create a welcoming atmosphere for everyone who might want to join.