Activity time: 15 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Two dice (extra large, if possible) of different colors
- Ethics Play role name tags
- Ethics Play Scenarios (Session 1, Leader Resources 2-7).
- Optional: Masks, costumes, and wigs for roles
Preparation for Activity
- If you are or your group is new to Ethics Play, refer to the directions in Activity 4 of Session 1, Introducing Amazing Grace: Exploring Right and Wrong.
Description of Activity
Participants play a game replicating real-life situations involving ethical decisions.
At the end of the game, ask if participants carefully considered the consequences of their actions. What would a firm and unforgiving deity say about such behavior? What would a kind and forgiving deity say?
Including All Participants
If some participants have limited mobility, you might wish to have the group remain seated, or at least give individuals a choice between standing and sitting when they speak.