Alternate Activity 1: Ethics Play
Activity time: 15 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Two dice (extra large, if possible) of different colors
- Ethics Play role nametags
- Ethics Play Scenarios (Session 1, Leader Resources 2-7)
- Optional: Masks, costumes, and wigs for roles
Preparation for Activity
- If you are or your group is new to Ethics Play, refer to the directions in Activity 4 of Session 1, Introducing Amazing Grace: Exploring Right and Wrong.
Description of Activity
Participants play a game replicating real-life situations involving ethical decisions.
At the end of the game, ask how participants decided what was right and wrong. Did they think about the Golden Rule? If so, did it help?
Including All Participants
If some participants have limited mobility, you might wish to have the group remain seated, or at least give individuals a choice between standing and sitting when they speak.