Earth was given as a garden . . . — Hymn 207 in Singing the Living Tradition
Celebrate the wonder of the changing of seasons and the growth of flowers from seeds and bulbs. Sharing the miracle of growing things helps children experience joy and appreciation as part of living in the interdependent web.
This session will help preschoolers:
- Identify appreciating nature as a spiritual experience, which is a type of experience welcome in our congregation
- Explore seasonal changes in nature
- Feel a growing sense of belonging
- Feel a sense of identity with a Unitarian Universalist congregation.
- Feel a sense of joy and appreciation for the beauty of nature
- Observe signs of the changing of the seasons
- Experience the mystery of growing things.