I've got peace like a river, joy like a fountain, love like an ocean . . . — Hymn 100 in Singing the Living Tradition
In this session, we connect the chalice to the wider world by telling a simple version of how the chalice came to be a symbol or sign for our Unitarian Universalist faith sign and by celebrating peace, love, and joy in the wider world. Making chalice necklaces helps children learn that UU chalices can have a variety of shapes.
This session will:
- Demonstrate that the chalice is a sign that is part of the larger world—the world of love, peace, and joy
- Help preschoolers experience the Chalice Children meeting room and group as safe and caring
- Grow children's sense of belonging to and sense of identity with their Unitarian Universalist congregation.
- Reinforce their understanding of the chalice as a symbol of their Unitarian Universalist faith
- Connect wonder, peace, love, and joy with the chalice
- Learn the song "I've Got Peace Like a River."