See the blazing Yule before us... — Hymn 235, "Deck the Hall with Boughs of Holly," in Singing the Living Tradition
The theme of this session is candlelight for winter holidays. Candlelight is a part of many holidays in the wintertime, bringing magic and warmth. The children will make a candle centerpiece to take home.
This session will help preschoolers:
- Associate candles with congregational worship
- Learn that candles are a part of many winter holidays
- Feel a sense of identity with a Unitarian Universalist congregation.
- Feel the warmth and magic of candles and light at wintertime
- Experience the accomplishment of creating their own candle centerpiece
- Learn that a lit candle resembles the chalice flame.