And the Earth is my blue boat home. — "Blue Boat Home" by Peter Mayer, Hymn 1064 in Singing the Journey
Celebrate the outdoors and the web of life by exploring the outside of your facility. Engage children in caring for the grounds to develop their sense of belonging and teach them about stewardship of resources. Taking care of our space, both indoors and outdoors, is one way we show our love for our congregation.
This session will help preschoolers:
- Explore the outside of the congregation's building and discover its special places
- Experience the Chalice Children meeting room as a safe and welcoming place
- Experience the group as friendly and caring
- Become aware of the congregation as Unitarian Universalist.
- Experience a growing sense of belonging to the congregation by becoming familiar with the grounds and the outside of their "church [congregational] home"
- Find places around the congregation's building they may not have noticed
- Foster their sense of stewardship and care for our natural resources.