When our heart is in a holy place, we are blessed with love and amazing grace . . . — from "When Our Heart Is In a Holy Place," Hymn 1008 in Singing the Journey
The theme of this session is "Saying goodbye to friends." It's time to celebrate this group of friends in the Chalice Children group while children experience the transition that comes with the program's ending. Children create an "Everybody Picture" they can each keep at home, to help them remember all the friends they have made.
This session will help preschoolers:
- Celebrate this group of friends
- Feel a sense of closure
- Feel a sense of belonging to and identity with a Unitarian Universalist congregation.
- Feel gratitude for friends they have made in Chalice Children
- Remember some of the stories and activities they experienced during this program
- Think of themselves as part of this Unitarian Universalist congregation.