All the colors, as a rainbow appears when a storm cloud is touched by the sun. — "De Colores," Hymn 305 in Singing the Living Tradition
Rainbows are part of our natural world. Contact with the natural world is one of the 12 main types of experiences connected with natural religious development in young children, according to religious educator Sophia Fahs. In this session, the children discover and share their wonder and questions about rainbows as they learn more about them.
This session will help preschoolers:
- Understand the wonder we all share at seeing a rainbow
- Experience the Chalice Children group as safe and caring
- Feel a growing sense of belonging to and identity with a Unitarian Universalist congregation.
- Experience a shared sense of wonder
- Learn that their congregation is a place where questions and wondering are encouraged
- Connect the story they read in this session with their experiences of rainbows.