The light of the moon on each upturned face . . . we gaze up in wonder above to the sky. — "The Sun at High Noon," Hymn 14 in Singing the Living Tradition
The moon is part of our natural world. Experiences with the natural world are one of the 12 main types of experiences connected with natural religious development in young children. In this session, children share their wonder about the moon and find out more about the moon. We share our wonder together as part of our congregational community.
This session will help preschoolers:
- Understand that wondering about the moon is something we all share
- Experience the Chalice Children group as safe and caring
- Feel a growing sense of belonging to and identity with a Unitarian Universalist congregation.
- Experience the wonder of the moon and the night sky
- Invent their own ideas of what the images in the moon are
- Connect a story with wondering about the moon.