All kinds of people around the table . . . — "We're Gonna Sit at the Welcome Table," Hymn 407 in Singing the Living Tradition
Today, we celebrate our families and demonstrate to the children that there are many kinds of families. The children prepare for a family snack party to follow the worship service; Alternate Activity 1 gives guidance for hosting the party. At least a week in advance, invite the children's families (Leader Resource 1).
This session will help preschoolers:
- Understand that there are many kinds of families
- Experience the Chalice Children group as safe and caring
- Feel a growing sense of belonging to and identity with a Unitarian Universalist congregation.
- Experience creating a "welcome table" for their families
- Recognize diversity among families in the congregation
- Feel pride in introducing their family to the Chalice Children group.