There are no extra pieces in the universe. Everyone is here because he or she has a place to fill, and every piece must fit itself into the big jigsaw puzzle. — Deepak Chopra
The activities in this session help children feel as if they are part of a wonderful variety of Unitarian Universalist families that make up the whole congregational family. It raises awareness of how alike and how different Unitarian Universalist families are, and encourages children to take pride in their family, be accepting of all types of families, and celebrate being part of the whole congregation.
This session will help preschoolers:
- Understand that many different families make up the congregational family
- Experience the Chalice Children group as safe and caring
- Feel a growing sense of belonging to and identity with a Unitarian Universalist congregation.
- Understand that many different kinds of families make up the congregational family
- Feel pride in the uniqueness of their own family
- Make the connection that individual families are like pieces of a puzzle that make up the whole congregational family.