What wondrous love is this that brings my heart such bliss, and takes away the pain of my soul . . . — "What Wondrous Love," Hymn 18 in Singing the Living Tradition
Affirming children for being helpful increases their feelings of self-worth and of being part of a family and community. Children have a finely tuned sense of empathy when someone is sick or needs help. In this session, we connect their caring feelings with the caring that a congregation can do.
This session will help preschoolers:
- Connect caring and helping with the congregation
- Experience the Chalice Children group as safe and caring
- Feel a growing sense of belonging to and identity with a Unitarian Universalist congregation.
- Understand that caring for others is an important part of being a Unitarian Universalist
- Express their own caring by creating cards for people who are lonely or sick
- Connect the story with their caring feelings.