Activity 4: Money Stories and Values
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
- Writing paper and pens
Preparation for Activity
- Write the following questions on newsprint, and post:
- What money scripts, money proverbs, or generational attitudes do you see reflected in your own attitudes toward money?
- In what ways does your attitude toward money reflect your Unitarian Universalist values?
- Are there parts of your relationship with money or your money script that you would like to change?
Description of Activity
Invite participants to reflect in silence and to journal, using the questions you have posted. Allow five minutes for journaling. Then invite participants to share observations, comments, and reflections with the group as they are willing.