Activity 5: Reform in Our Own Time
Activity time: 15 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
- Leader Resource 2, Reformation
Preparation for Activity
- From Leader Resource 2, Reformation, choose the quote from Rev. Peter Morales or the quote from Rev. Dr. William Sinkford as the focus of this activity. Write the quote you choose on newsprint, and post.
- Write on newsprint, and post:
- What kind of reform is the author advocating? Institutional? Theological? Both?
- Do you agree with the impulse for the kind of change the author is advocating?
Description of Activity
Invite participants to reflect on a contemporary call for change in Unitarian Universalism. Read aloud the quote you have posted. Then ask participants to move into groups of three to consider the questions you have posted.