Activity time: 20 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
- Leader Resource 2, Reformation
- Workshop 1, Handout 2, Time Line of UU History
Preparation for Activity
- Print out Leader Resource 2, Reformation and become familiar with its contents.
- Write on newsprint, and post:
- How is contemporary Unitarian Universalism true to its origins and history, as it emerges from various reform movements?
- Is reform the norm for Unitarian Universalism?
- When is reform accomplished with a minor shift in focus and direction, and when does it add a whole new dimension to the faith?
- What is the difference between renewal and reform?
- Is Unitarian Universalism in a period of reform or renewal now? If so, how so?
- Post the Time Line of UU History from Workshop 1.
Description of Activity
Share the information in Leader Resource 2, Reformation. Invite comments and observations. Engage the group to help you add significant information and events to the Time Line of UU History. Then, lead a large group conversation using the questions you have posted.