Welcoming and Entering
Materials for Activity
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
- Sign-in sheet and pen/pencil
- Name tags and markers
- Leader Resource 1, Schedule Template
Preparation for Activity
- Download and adapt Leader Resource 1, Schedule Template. Copy it for all participants.
- Create and post a workshop agenda on newsprint. The Workshop-at-a-Glance section provides time estimates.
- Create a welcome table near the entrance. Set out name tags and markers, the sign-in sheet and pen/pencil, and copies of the schedule.
Description of Activity
Welcome everyone to the workshop as they enter. Ask them to sign in, make name tags, and pick up the schedule handout from the welcome table. Draw their attention to the posted agenda for this workshop.
Including All Participants
Write the agenda in large, clear lettering and post it where it will be easily visible to all participants. Provide name tags large enough and markers bold enough so names will be easily visible.