Activity time: 30 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Optional: Microphone
Preparation for Activity
- Invite your congregation's minister to this workshop several weeks in advance. Share the Description of Activity (below) with him/her so that she/he can prepare for the discussion.
Description of Activity
Ask the minister to share his/her understanding of the purpose and structure of worship at your congregation. Questions that can guide the discussion include:
- What is the intent of weekly worship?
- Why do we do the things we do?
- As a minister, what do you particularly like about worship?
- What might you wish for in worship?
Invite questions from participants. Conclude by thanking the minister for his/her participation.
Including All Participants
Using a microphone for this activity helps more people hear the minister.