Activity time: 20 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
- Participant journals
- Variety of writing and drawing implements
- Timepiece (minutes)
- Optional: Bell or chime
- Optional: Microphone
Preparation for Activity
- Prepare, but do not post, a sheet of newsprint with these prompts:
- How do Chauncy's four categories help you to strengthen and deepen your own understanding of what Unitarian Universalist spiritual renewal might mean for you today as a personal experience?
- Identify one thing you can do this week to enhance the spiritual power of your Unitarian Universalist faith in your life.
Description of Activity
Invite participants to remain in their three-person groups. Post the two questions you have written on newsprint and explain participants will have a chance to reflect on them quietly, and then share responses within their triad, before sharing with the whole group. Remind participants they are not being asked to critique the thoughts, reflections, feelings, and experiences of others, but rather to disclose to the group their own thoughts, reflections, and feelings. If there is time, invite participants to share with the group further insights and reflections based on this exercise.
After ten minutes, invite participants to rejoin the large group. Invite persons to share their thoughts, feelings, and insights with the group, with each person speaking only once until all have had a chance to speak. If there is time, invite a second round of personal sharing.