Activity time: 15 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Copy of the story, "Songwriting as a Prayer"
- Optional: Cordless microphone
Preparation for Activity
- Review the story and practice reading it aloud to ensure that you will present it effectively.
- Optional: Copy the story for all participants.
Description of Activity
Invite participants to sit comfortably and listen to the story as you read it aloud.
Offer a minute for silent reflection after completing the story. Then, invite discussion with these questions:
- What stands out for you from the story of Carolyn McDade and "Spirit of Life?"
- When can work for justice become wearying, or lead to burnout?
- How can spirituality help us sustain our work for a better world?