Welcoming and Entering
Materials for Activity
- Nametags and bold markers
- Sign-in sheet and pen or pencil
- Optional: Newsprint, markers, and tape
- Optional: Computer, digital projector, and digital slide that lists workshop activities
Preparation for Activity
- Create a sign-in sheet to gather participants' names, addresses, phone numbers, and/or email addresses.
- Using the Workshop-at-a-Glance as a guide, prepare and post an agenda, or create a digital slide of the agenda for display during the workshop.
- Set up a station with nametags and markers for participants to create their own nametags. Provide large nametags and bold markers so that participants will be able to read one another's nametags from a distance.
- If you have a flyer about upcoming workshops, place it with the nametags.
Description of Activity
As participants enter, invite them to sign in and create nametags.