Part of Hindsight, Humor, and Hope
- Arrange for coffee, tea, and water at the workshop.
- Arrange for furniture setup:
- For large group: Place tables in a horseshoe arrangement (leaders at the head table, chairs around outside of tables).
- For smaller group: Place one or two table tables in a rectangle (leaders sit at a middle side and chairs are positioned around the outside).
- Table(s) for serving lunch
- Set a hymnbook on the table in front of each chair.
- Obtain polished river stones, black permanent markers, spiral notebooks, and envelopes at a craft or art store.
- Place a chalice or candle on a chalice cloth at the leader's place. Lay stones around the chalice.
- Follow the directions in the Materials section of the program Introduction to make mandala sketch books.
- Customize and make copies of Handout 1, Taking It Home.
- Make copies of Handout 2, Emerging Wisdom.
- Write workshop agenda on a newsprint sheet, using Workshop-at-a-Glance table, and post.
- Post Group Rules of Respect from Workshop 1.
- Download, print, and fill in Leader Resource 1, Certificates, for all participants.
- Create mandala sketchbooks for all participants.
- Write on a newsprint sheet, and set aside:
We close our time by extinguishing the chalice and carry its light and our blessings with us into the world.
- Shuffle the Blessing Cards.