Workshop 6 applauds the group of wise elders who have shared Hindsight, Humor, and Hope. Participants are honored for their hard work reviewing personal life happenings and learnings. They have gained appreciation of their personal tapestry of life, developed through the years; claimed inner wisdom; and talked frankly about personal mortality. In this workshop, everyone will have an opportunity to celebrate an inner strength they have discovered through the workshop process. They will also be encouraged to find new ways to reach out and mentor others.
There is significant leader preparation for this workshop. Each participant is honored with a Hindsight, Humor, and Hope achievement certificate and a Touchstone on which to inscribe their word of personal strength. Each person also receives a small sketchbook for creating mandalas and a copy of the poem “Emerging Wisdom” as a reminder of the workshop.
A festive potluck lunch (or a lunch prepared by others) can reinforce the positive relationships among participants, and they may feel encouraged to continue meeting on their own for companionship and support after the final workshop. A few days before the workshop, remind participants by email or phone to bring their journals and a mug and remind them about the lunch arrangements you have made.
This workshop will:
- Invite participants to celebrate the completion of Hindsight, Humor, and Hope
- Invite participants to identify inner strength and wisdom
- Provide an opportunity to talk about mentoring and reaching out to others.
- Celebrate the completion of Hindsight, Humor, and Hope and receive gifts to help them continue their journey
- Identify and name inner strengths
- Consider ways to mentor or reach out to others.