- Copy Handout 2 for all participants.
- Pre-arrange with a participant to read the poem aloud and provide them with a copy ahead of time.
Invite participants to listen to a reading of the poem in Handout 2.
Use these questions to prompt a group discussion:
- What images or words resonated for you?
- Are there times in your life when you have felt burned out?
- What do you think of Masten’s prescription: “Find another source of power, and if the cord doesn’t reach, move the set”? Does that image suggest any ways that congregational leaders could support a culture that reduces burnout?