Part of Facing Death with Life
- Read the resources listed in Handout 1, Looking Ahead to Workshop 5, from Workshop 4.
- Post Our Covenant from Workshop 1.
- Customize and make copies of Handout 1, Looking Ahead to Workshop 6 for all participants.
- Make several copies of pages 11-14 of Let’s Talk About Families and Loss.
- Write on newsprint and post:
- Do you remember when someone first talked to you about death? Was the conversation in response to the death of a particular person? A pet? A wild animal?
- Do you remember how old you were the first time you experienced a death?
- Do you remember how you felt?
- How did others explain the death to you?
- Talk with your religious educator, minister, or public librarian and obtain copies of suitable children’s books on death and dying.
- Arrange books on a table near the chalice.
- Test equipment and speakers; queue and preview the segment (15:06-21:08) of "When Families Grieve."
- Review Accessibility Guidelines for Adult Workshop Presenters and implement as appropriate for your group and space.