Activity time: 15 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Self-sticking magnetic strips
- Unlined index cards
- Fine point markers or calligraphy pens
Preparation for Activity
- Make sure each person has a surface suitable for writing.
- Set out supplies where all can reach them.
Description of Activity
Acknowledge that there is a lot to absorb in this workshop, and that it is possible, or even likely, that questions and puzzlements remain. Give each participant an index card and ask them to write a commitment to one follow up action after the workshop, for example:
- Learn more about something introduced in this workshop.
- Invite a group to which you belong to learn more together about ethics from the margins.
- Schedule a conversation with a friend or spiritual guide about something you learned in this workshop.
- Take a mini-retreat (journaling, walking, praying) to check in with yourself about something you learned in this workshop or that you wonder after it, and discern actions you might to take.
Invite participants to stick a magnetic strip to their index card and affix it to a surface at home where they will see it as a reminder of their personal commitment. Invite a few volunteers to read their commitments aloud.