Activity time: 25 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Covenant created in the first workshop
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Post the covenant created in the Workshop 1.
- Write these questions on newsprint, and post:
- How did we honor the agreements made in our covenant?
- Did our behavior ever fall short of honoring the agreements? If it did, how did our group respond?
- What does our response say about the way in which we hold the values expressed in the covenant?
- Did the group have any occasion to make explicit reference to the covenant as workshops unfolded? Why or why not?
- From your point of view, is making our ethical agreements explicit through creating a covenant together a helpful process for a group such as this one?
Description of Activity
Invite participants to look at the group covenant and identify the statements of ethical and moral values that are stated or explicit. Invite participants to move into groups of three and respond to the posted questions. Allow ten minutes for triads to share.
Re-gather the large group and invite people to share reflections and observations based on their discussions. Share your own reflections as the program facilitator(s).