Activity 1: Program Overview and Expectations
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Handout 1, Schedule for Ethics Workshops
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Download Handout 1, Schedule for Ethics Workshops. Customize the handout for your program. Copy for all participants, plus a few extra.
- Briefly review all the workshops you plan to present in your series so you can answer general questions about each.
- Write these questions on newsprint, and post:
- Why did you decide to take part in this ethics program?
- What would you like to learn, experience, or take home with you?
Description of Activity
Distribute the workshop schedule. Call attention to the workshop titles and topics. Invite questions and comments.
Indicate the questions you have posted on newsprint and invite participants to respond, each in turn. Tell them they have the right to pass if they do not wish to share. Take notes about participant expectations to help plan effectively for later workshops.