Activity time: 20 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Leader Resource 3: A Model for Managing Change
- Newsprint sheet with list of steps (see Preparation)
Preparation for Activity
- On a sheet of newsprint, list these four steps:
- Understand what has happened
- Accept what can't be changed
- Put the past behind you
- Re-commit to the relationship
- Study Leader Resource 3, A Model for Managing Change, so that you can present it effectively.
Description of ActivityPresent the material from Leader Resource 3, A Model for Managing Change, in a lively and engaging manner. Use the newsprint sheet to refer to the steps in the process. You may wish to intersperse these questions at appropriate times throughout your presentation to further engage participants:
- What are some changes that you, as a couple, have weathered or that you anticipate?
- What's the hardest part about each step? What resources can help you accomplish it?
- What has been helpful for you in managing difficult changes as a couple?