Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Small containers of bubble solution (one per participant)
- Bubble wands (one per participant)
- Altar or centering table
- Cloth for covering altar or centering table
- Chalice and candle
- Matches or lighter
- Singing the Living Tradition hymnbook (at least one copy)
- Leader Resource 1: Order of Service - Play
Preparation for Activity
- Find reading 664, "Give Us the Spirit of the Child," in Singing the Living Tradition. Decide whether to read it solo or as a responsive reading. If you will read it responsively, gather additional hymnbooks as needed.
- Prepare the altar or centering table with the cloth you have brought, a chalice and candle, and matches or a lighter.
- Have the bubble solution and wands ready for distribution during the worship.
Description of Activity
Refer to Leader Resource 1, Order of Service - Play, to conduct the opening. You may adapt the service to fit with your group's interest as well as your congregation's identity and customs. The Order of Service is provided as a starting point.