Activity time: 20 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Story, "The Audre Lorde Project"
Preparation for Activity
- Copy the story for all participants.
Description of Activity
Read the story "The Audre Lorde Project" aloud or ask a volunteer to do so. Lead a discussion of the story, using these questions to guide you:
- How is the work of the Audre Lorde Project an example of prophetic resistance?
- How does this project seek to transform society and work against systems of racism and privilege?
- What insights did you gain from this story about the nature of racism, oppression, and privilege?
- What in this story inspires you or gives you hope?
- Does anything in the story remind you of any of your own experiences?