Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Lined paper and pens/pencils
- Taking It Home
- Handout 2, Not Somewhere Else, But Here
Preparation for Activity
- Write these questions on newsprint and post:
- What ideas were most interesting or challenging to you?
- What powerful ideas, concerns, or puzzlements are you holding as a result of this session?
- Copy Taking It Home and Handout 2 for all participants.
Description of Activity
Invite participants to spend five minutes writing feedback on both the content and teaching strategies used during the session and/or to respond to the questions you have posted on newsprint.
Distribute Taking It Home and Handout 2, and invite participants to do the suggested activities before the next meeting. Read the instructions aloud and invite participants to ask questions.
Read these words of bell hooks as a closing and extinguish the chalice:
Beloved community is formed not by the eradication of difference but by its affirmation, by each of us claiming the identities and cultural legacies that shape who we are and how we live in the world... . We deepen those bondings by connecting with an anti-racist struggle.
Gather participants' written feedback.
Including All Participants
Prepare a large-print version of Taking It Home.
For more information contact email@example.com.