Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Lined paper and pens/pencils
- Taking It Home
- A copy of Singing the Living Tradition, the Unitarian Universalist hymnbook
- Handout 1, Racism and Spiritual Death in the United States of America
Preparation for Activity
- Write on newsprint, and post:
- What ideas were most interesting or challenging to you?
- What powerful ideas, concerns, or puzzlements are you holding as a result of this session?
- Copy Taking It Home and Handout 1 for all participants.
Description of Activity
Invite participants to spend five minutes writing feedback in response to the questions you have posted on newsprint.
Distribute Taking It Home and Handout 1. Invite participants to read the Pawelek sermon and to do the suggested Taking It Home activities before the next meeting. Read the instructions aloud and invite participants to ask questions.
Offer Reading 691 from Singing the Living Tradition as a closing and extinguish the chalice.
Gather participants' written feedback.
Including All Participants
Prepare a large-print version of Taking It Home.