Alternate Activity 1: Your Gift to Me, Version Two
Activity time: 45 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
- Lined paper and pens/pencils
- Small brown paper bags - one for each participant
- Optional: Group photo
Preparation for Activity
- Read Activity 1, Alternate Activity 1, and Alternate Activity 2. Choose one of these activities to guide participants in expressing gratitude.
- Write a participant's name on each bag.
- Tear or cut the lined paper into four inch squares. Make enough for each participant to write an individual note to each of the others.
- Write on newsprint, and post:
- [Name], over the course of Building the World We Dream About, I have learned from you...
- [Name], I really appreciated the way you...
- [Name], your gift to the group has been...
- Optional: Make copies of the group photo taken during Workshop 22.
Description of Activity
Distribute paper so each participant has enough squares to write a note to every other participant. Call out the name of a participant, and invite other participants to express their appreciation by completing one of the posted sentences or using their own words. Pass around the bag with that participant's name on it and invite the others to place their notes in the bag. Repeat the process for each of the participants.
Then, give the bags to the participants to take home to read in private. Suggest they keep these as reminders of this program.
Distribute group photos, if you have them.