Activity time: 3 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Worship table or designated space
- Chalice, candle, and lighter or LED battery-operated candle
- List of this workshop's Goals and Learning Objectives
- Covenant established in Workshop 1
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
- Optional: Meditative music and player Piano or keyboard
Preparation for Activity
- Write workshop Goals and Learning Objectives on newsprint, and post.
Description of Activity
Welcome participants and remind them of the spirit of their covenant. Share the Goals and Learning Objectives for this workshop.
Light the chalice and share these words from writer and educator Paul Kivel:
Cultural competence is not something we have or don't have. It is a process of learning about and becoming allies with people from other cultures, thereby broadening our own understanding and ability to participate in a multicultural process. The key element to becoming more culturally competent is respect for the ways that others live in and organize the world and an openness to learn from them.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.