Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Lined paper and pens/pencils
- Taking It Home
Preparation for Activity
- Write on newsprint, and post:
- What ideas were most interesting or challenging to you?
- What powerful ideas, concerns, or puzzlements are you holding as a result of this session?
- Copy Taking It Home for all participants.
Description of Activity
Invite participants to spend five minutes writing feedback in response to the questions you have posted on newsprint.
Distribute Taking It Home and invite participants to do the suggested activities before the next meeting. Read the instructions aloud and invite participants to ask questions.
Offer these words from Rebecca Parker as a closing and extinguish the chalice:
The struggle for racial justice in America calls those of us who are White to make this journey. Our presence is needed. We have been absent too long.
Gather participants' written feedback.
Including All Participants
Prepare a large-print version of Taking It Home.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.