Welcome to the New UUA.org
PETER MORALES: Hello. I'm Peter Morales, President of the UUA and welcome to the new redesigned UUA.org. This redesign is a continuation of our ongoing efforts to communicate our message more powerfully in a new age. It's the story of who we are, what we do, and why it matters. More than one million people visit our site every year and 90% are first time visitors. So our website is really the front door to our faith movement.
Our new home page feature stories of people and congregations to help engage visitors. And we're also working behind the scenes to make UUA.org easier to use and faster. Many UU's relying on it as an information resource and we want to make it easier to navigate. This launch is just the beginning. We will improve it in the coming months. And if you have questions or suggestions, send them to outreach [at] uua [dot] org. Happy browsing.
We’re proud to introduce the new UUA.org, website of the Unitarian Universalist Association! Serving newcomers and lifelong Unitarian Universalists alike, this site is home to thousands of pages of information, tools and resources about the Unitarian Universalist faith and our 1,000 local congregations. Here’s your quick guide to what’s new, what’s the same and what’s next for this website.
- Homepage—As the front door to Unitarian Universalism, the new homepage features stories about individual UU’s and congregations living out their values in the world. It will also feature books, meditations, trends and other stories about our faith movement.
- Design—Building on the new UU brand identity, the new design communicates our core values of boldness, compassion and reverence. We’ve slimmed down and souped up the way our site looks to make it engaging and easy to use. The new design also works on every kind of device and at every size screen, so that more people can view it easily.
- Who, What, Where—Hundreds of thousands of visitors find our site every year, so we have redesigned the visitor experience. These new sections tell who we are, what we do and why it matters across the United States and the world.
- Tags—New topic tags are connecting articles, tools and resources across different areas of the site. You'll find them at the bottom of each page.
- Worship Web—One of the most popular sections of UUA.org, Worship Web has hundreds of new prayers, quotes and readings that are free and easy to use.
What’s the Same
- Pages—All the same great pages and content that could be found on the old UUA.org have been imported into the new site, including Tapestry of Faith curricula, General Assembly information and more.
- Menus—The menu structure has stayed the same to make it easy to find your way around in the new site.
This is only the beginning! Now that the new site is live, we’ll be adding new features, special sections and helpful tools in the coming months. We will also be working to improve the navigation, tags and menu structure to make it simpler, cleaner and easier to find what you need. Finally, we’ll be looking at ways to leverage the work that has been done on this site to help individual Unitarian Universalists and their congregations connect with one another and improve their own web presences.
Questions, thoughts, comments, suggestions or three cheers? Email web [at] uua [dot] org. We look forward to hearing from you!