Healthy Congregations Team (HCT)
Spiritually mature, culturally competent, non-anxious people living conflict as a faith formation opportunity and normal part of religious community and the human journey.
The purpose of the Healthy Congregations Team is to provide training, consultation and assessment for congregations who wish to embrace healthy communications and proactively engage conflict.
Services include facilitated conversations, practices of discernment, establishing norms and sanctions, covenant of right relationship, conflict assessment and leadership coaching. Healthy Congregations Consultants are specially trained and professionally experienced in this kind of work.
Typically, there is a fee for this service, as it requires extended consultation time. Congregations in extreme financial circumstances may have all or part of the fees waived to ensure that consultation services are available.
The presence of a Healthy Congregation Team recognizes that whenever two or more people get together, conflict is inevitable.
Assistance offered to congregations in the region include:
- Covenant creation
- Congregationally-based Healthy Congregation Team or Right Relationship Team development
- Appreciative Inquiry training
- Awareness of conflict dynamics
- Polarity Management consulting
- Healing Circles
- Training in healthy communication
- Resources for learning more about “getting to yes”
- Recognition that some situations may require referral to outside resources
- PWR Healthy Congregations Facebook page. This is where leaders in congregations will explore what it means to be a Healthy Congregation. Resources are shared here and the regional Healthy Congregations Team will field questions here.
- 2018 Regional Assembly presentation on non-anxious leadership.
- Creating a Congregational Healthy Congregation Team webinar.
- Tools to help create a covenant.
Examples in Congregations
- Northlake Unitarian Universalist Congregation's Healthy Congregation's landing page.
If you would like a Healthy Congregations Team member contact you, please fill out the intake form.
You may also contact your congregation's Primary Contact or Rev. Tandi Rogers at trogers [at] uua [dot] org (subject: Healthy%20Congregations%20Team%20Inquiry) .