Part-time Pastor - Greeley, CO
Job Title: Part-time Pastor (50%)
Reports to: UUCG Board of Trustees (BOT)
Appointment Period: 15 Aug 2018 – 15 Aug 2019 (or as arranged)
Salary: Commensurate with experience and credentials, in line with UUA Fair Compensation Guidelines.
Overview: The Unitarian Universalist Church of Greeley is a small church of approximately 50 members with a rich history spanning over half a century. The congregation primarily serves Greeley, as well members from surrounding communities.
We are looking for a spiritual and intellectual leader with energy and passion for a small congregation that is eager to grow. Our desire is someone who will either be living in the area or consider moving to the Greeley area, as our collaborative relationship with you develops. We look to our minister for spiritual guidance, for assistance in articulating its mission and purpose, and for creative, collaborative, professional leadership in all aspects of ministry.
- Master of Divinity Degree and/or proven leadership in a Unitarian Universalist Church setting
- Experience with worship planning, crafting rituals, pastoral care services, staff, and congregational management.
- Experience with leadership, public witness, and promotion of social justice issues
- Experience in ministry in Unitarian Universalist congregations preferable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; creative problem solving skills; ability to work effectively with volunteer led boards and committees.
- Uphold UUCG congregational covenants.
- Work with an interdependent web of leadership including the Board of Trustees and several UUCG lay-led committees.
- Attend monthly meetings that enable effective coordination with staff, program leaders, program volunteers, and the BOT.
- Prepare for and conduct welcoming and inclusive worship services.
- Supervise the office manager and other members of the church staff, as deemed appropriate by the BOT.
- Establish regular office hours for consultation, pastoral care, and assigned responsibilities.
- Create and maintain relationships with local nonprofits and interfaith groups.
- Provide pastoral care to congregants.
- Hands-on leadership and/or oversight for the church’s social justice projects.
- File monthly reports to the BOT on ministry accomplishments and activities.
Interested candidates are asked to submit the following: 1) letter of interest; 2) resume; and 3) samples of writing or presented messages (if in video or audio format, please provide a link).
Please send these materials, and any questions, via email to jmilleruucg [at] gmail [dot] com or snail mail to: Julie Miller, President, BOT, UUCG, 925 15th Street, Greeley, CO 80631.
Background Screening: A criminal background check is required prior to hiring.
Deadline: Applications must be received by February 15, 2017