Office Manager - San José, CA
The First Unitarian Church of San José is a spirited, inclusive, liberal religious community comprising approximately 300 members and friends located in a historic building in downtown San José.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $19.00 /hour
Our Office Manager is the hub of the day-to-day operations of the church. We are looking for someone with excellent computer and people skills who is comfortable with a high degree of autonomy yet can also work closely with a wide variety of people. A warm, flexible personality, a strong sense of humor and compassion, and outstanding communication skills will allow you to fulfill the blend of routine tasks, unexpected needs, and a stream of rotating projects. You will be joining a team of wonderful, diverse people engaged in meaningful work!
This is a 25-hour, 3-4 day-per-week position offering Medical benefits. Schedule is flexible but needs to be consistent.
- Oversees general administration, reception and office support, including internal/external communications, data management, procurement of supplies, and office finances.
- Supervision of custodial staff and volunteer development for administrative tasks.
- Calendaring and coordination of building use and maintenance.
- Computer Skills: Experience in a Windows 10 environment leveraging Microsoft Office 10 applications such as Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel—a must. Experience with databases such as Servant Keeper or Membership Plus —preferred. Website experience using Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Sound Booth —a plus.
- Office Management: Troubleshoot and problem-solve issues that may arise with the phone systems, copier, and other office equipment as needed. Track and replenish office supplies.
- Initiative: Self-starter with impeccable follow-through and a fine eye for detail. Ability to envision and maintain an efficient office that serves the ministries of the congregation.
- Interpersonal relationships/communication: Must relate well to all kinds of people inside and outside the church. Demonstrates diplomacy, compassion, warmth, and common sense. Enjoys being a team player.
- Trust and integrity: Must be widely trusted, direct, and truthful. Keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and works from a foundation of strong core values at all times.
Please apply by sending cover letter and resume. Applications will be screened on a rolling basis and you will be notified if the hiring committee wishes to set up an interview. The position will remain open until filled at which time, the posting will be removed. Starting in early December. Apply with resume and cover letter to fuscjjobs [at] gmail [dot] com.