Membership Coordinator - San Dieguito, CA
Reports to: Minister
Effective: As soon as available
Status: Part (quarter) time (10 hours per week)
Rate of Pay: $20/hour
The Membership Coordinator welcomes visitors and newcomers each week and helps them navigate the path to membership and deeper engagement within the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of San Dieguito (UUSFD). The Membership Coordinator is well organized, self-motivated, and highly efficient in developing and executing programs with the Minister, Administrator, Board, and others to welcome visitors and encourage members to volunteer appropriately. S/he is enthusiastic about meeting people and helping them to find places in our congregation and is also passionate about involving congregants in activities that nurture their spirit.
UUSFD is a welcoming congregation, open to all persons regardless of race, gender, religion or affectional orientation. The successful candidate will be diplomatic, enthusiastic about the Seven Principles of Unitarian Universalism, and skilled at motivating others.
- Oversees the pathway by which visitors become members, including:
- Coordinating volunteers who welcome visitors and new members each Sunday morning
- Coordinates new member orientation meetings three times a year
- Coordinates new member mixer twice a year
- Provides key touch-point for visitor follow-ups
- Maintains an accurate visitor and membership database
- Helps coordinate activities that support member engagement and development
- Contributes to member communication including Facebook postings, emails and monthly newsletter
- Helps recruit, train, and support volunteers for the above activities
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with Unitarian Universalism preferred
- Professional (paid) work experience at the volunteer coordinator level preferred; college or volunteer experience may be adequate
- Demonstrated track record of relevant achievement in a complex organizational environment
- Leadership experience with membership organizations and/or community outreach (paid or volunteer) strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience in a collaborative, team based work environment
- Passion for meeting goals, collecting and organizing data, and motivating others
- Demonstrated ability for follow-through and completion of tasks and initiatives
- Strong computer and social media skills
Pay, Benefits and Hours
This is a quarter-time (10 hours per week) non-exempt, hourly ($20/hr) paid position that reports to the Minister.
Work hours include Sunday mornings (8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m) with one Sunday off each quarter and weekly meetings with minister arranged by mutual agreement. Attendance to monthly Staff meetings may also be required. Free childcare is available on Sunday mornings.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to jobs [at] uufsd [dot] org.