Membership Coordinator - Golden, CO
Reports to: Senior Minister
Salary: $38,000 - $42,000 + benefits
To apply: Send a resume and letter of interest to Carol Wilsey at carolwilsey [at] jeffersonunitarian [dot] org
Start date: 12/17/18 - 1/2/18
The Membership Coordinator will provide point of first contact for visitors, coordinating new member classes, recruiting volunteers for membership roles, supporting volunteer recruitment for other functions, and keeping records. Membership Coordinator will build a membership team to initiate and coordinate efforts to integrate members into congregational life particularly through volunteer service and participation in Small Group Ministry.
- Educate members on need to volunteer and opportunities to do so.
- Promote the further development and growth of small groups.
- Build relationships with members and friends through Sunday morning presence.
- Develop and maintain a resource library of small group curriculum working with Senior Minister, Intern Minister and Director of Religious Education.
- Design and promote celebrations for volunteers and small groups.
- Develop a network of personable and compassionate facilitators and mentors who inspire our members to deepen and connect through small groups.
- Maintain data and website relevant to volunteer opportunities and Small Group Ministry.
- Work with staff and ministry team by understanding our membership process and creating and communicating a process for integrating members.
- Partner with Business Administrator to delegate administrative and other tasks to office volunteers.
- Participate in staff meetings, small group leader meetings and Path to Membership classes.
- Consult with Senior Minister as needed on implementing leadership development program.
- Network throughout church to get to know members and community, assessing gifts and needs by being visible on Sunday mornings and other key times.
- Demonstrated ability in creating and managing programs
- Attention to detail to collect and maintain data
Creativity and Innovation: Generates new ideas; creates fresh approaches; takes acceptable risks in pursuit of innovation; learns from mistakes; has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions to prioritize.
Influencing Others: Encourages others to cooperate, participate, provide resources or make decisions; uses verbal and nonverbal skills to communicate respect for others, and to generate energy, passion and commitment to an idea; creates an environment that others want to participate in.
Interpersonal Skills: Establishes good working relationships with others; works well with people at all levels of the congregation; builds appropriate rapport; considers the impact of his/her actions on others; uses diplomacy and tact; is approachable; avoids communication triangles.
Mission Ownership: Demonstrates understanding and full support of the mission, vision, values and beliefs of the congregation; can demonstrate those values to others; consistently behaves in a manner congruent with the mission, vision, values and beliefs.
Self-Development: Sets appropriate personal work objectives, measures own progress, identifies personal gaps in knowledge, understanding and skill; undertakes appropriate activities to develop needed skills; seeks regular feedback on performance; knows personal strengths and weaknesses, is sensitive to changing personal and organizational requirements.
Time Management: Is able and willing to focus time on tasks that contribute to organizational goals; uses time effectively and efficiently; values time and respects the time of others; concentrates his/her efforts on the most important priorities; can appropriately balance priorities.
Communication: Is able to write clearly and succinctly; clearly delivers message in a tone appropriate to the context. Additionally, is able to verbally deliver a message clearly, articulately and with appropriate emotion in a variety of settings; demonstrates communication styles appropriate to the situation at hand; adjusts the message, without losing the essence of the message, depending upon the circumstance and the listener.