Congregational Administrator - Colorado Springs, CO
All Souls Unitarian Universalist Church is liberal and progressive in its theology. The membership is diverse theologically and includes agnostics, atheists, theists, religious humanists, Buddhists, Jews, liberal Christians, the spiritual but not religious, and more. The congregation consists of approximately 150 adults and 50 children and youth. Founded in 1891, All Souls strives to meet diverse needs in our religious community and beyond our walls through social justice and outreach. Visit our website www.asuuc.net.
The Congregational Administrator works with top-level church management and congregational leaders and members to further the vision and mission of the church. The Congregational Administrator is charged with developing, supporting and furthering the organization's infrastructure, capacity and culture, resulting in increased effectiveness and breadth. The Administrator is responsible for plans and the alignment of strategies, policies and organizational processes. This is done at a high level as well as hands on. Effective interpersonal relationships and communication are central to success. The Congregational Administrator employs core values that are consistent with Unitarian Universalist Principles.
This is a full-time position which includes work on two to three Sundays a month. Position is salaried and exempt, with a one-year contract beginning March 1, 2018.
Reports to: Chair of the ASUUC Changes Team
Training and experience in organizational development, planning, communications, training and leadership development and supervision.
Commensurate with training and experience
Responsibilities and Duties
- Infrastructure Development - Work with church leadership to develop and implement a plan and goals to build a strong infrastructure. The infrastructure plan may address objectives such as: administration, communications, leadership development, group process, technical systems, training and outreach. Outreach is primarily internal, but may include external aspects through teams.
- Administrative Development - Oversee the revision of the Human Resource manual and job descriptions and coordinate the development of policies, procedures and processes related to church operations. This will include descriptions of teams. Monitor and report on metrics and compliance.
- Resource Utilization - See to the promotion, scheduling, and management of rental contracts, needs and use of support resources to further our mission.
- Leadership Development - Assist teams and team leaders in articulating vision, setting goals, planning, and working effectively together. Build rapport and constructive and effective relationships by demonstrating active listening and clear communication, and supporting team success. Train, develop, and manage staff and volunteers in keeping with the responsibilities of this position.
- Build a Positive Culture - Create a safe, loving and welcoming space for all. Build and mentor teams to create a positive group culture. Communicate and reinforce core values of the culture. Model and demonstrate sensitivity to others while modeling appropriate and healthy communication and boundaries. Connect with members, staff, and others in ways that affirm and empower. Compassionately and effectively engage and resolve interpersonal conflict, and redirect any dysfunctional team behavior to positive and productive behavior.
Core Competencies & Qualifications
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates training or experience with organizational development and leadership development.
- Demonstrates a high-level understanding of church context and administration, and of helping others to further its mission.
- Experience in working with organizations that are effective in building and modeling positive organizational culture is required.
- Demonstrates proficiency with Microsoft Office and database software.
To apply, forward a resume with a cover letter explaining your interest and how you are a good fit for our congregation and the position to jobs [at] asuuc [dot] net. Visit our website at asuuc.net. We invite you to visit our church for services on Sundays at 10:30 am at 730 N. Tejon St., Colorado Springs CO 80903.
All Souls is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment with All Souls is considered at-will per Colorado’s adherence to the legal doctrine of "employment-at-will".