The PWR Emerging Adult Task Force formed in August of 2018 with the following charge:
The Pacific Western Region Emerging Adult Task Force will work together to create a faithful Unitarian Universalist mission statement and vision targets worthy of and designed specifically for the amazing young adult souls (18-24 yrs) who make up our diverse Region, whilst also fabricating a beginning structural framework for programs and resources to support this demographic - ultimately, working with the Youth Ministry Specialist, Regional resources and congregations to bring all of the aforementioned to reality.
Since then, the group has worked tirelessly to connect Emerging Adults across PWR to one another and to their UU faith.
Highlights of this work have included:
- Interviewing young adult professionals and institutions across the UUA to identify healthy practices that promote faith formation in emerging adults
- Creation of a Emerging Adult Playlist of resources for congregations
- Crafting a letter outlining best practices for religious professionals
- Formation of a small group ministry curriculum and program
- Providing a pastoral care network of religious professionals specifically for emerging adults in PWR
- Designing and implementing yearly the “Other Side of the Bridge” welcome ceremony and worship
- Publishing a monthly UU Emerging Adult newsletter. To receive the newsletter, sign up here.
The Emerging Adult Task forces work continues with monthly gatherings and ongoing initiatives. For more information about this leadership body, email Eric Bliss, Youth and Emerging Adult Ministry Specialist.