PNW Leadership Development Con
Type of event: Training
Event website: PNW Leadership Development Con
The Pacific Western Region (PWR) is committed to leadership development in our youth and youth allies.
Leadership Development Con (LDC) is offered to cultivate multigenerational leaders so that they may hone new skills and better serve their congregations and communities.
This basic training will provide the participant with facilitation skills, a clear understanding of what it means to be a spiritual leader, and prepare them for leadership positions in your congregation, the district, and at cons.
LDC Grads can be:
- Touch Group Leaders – small group ministry facilitators at cons.
- Con Planners – on a team of youth and adults who plan and implement healthy, covenant based district conferences for youth and adult sponsors.
- Workshop Leaders – presenters/facilitators of theme based workshops at conferences.
- YES Team Members – Youth Empowerment Services members, a district leadership group dedicated to encouraging radical hospitality, youth empowerment, consciousness raising and social change in our district wide community.
- YES Team Youth Chair – head of the YES team, voice of the district youth community
- Future LDC Trainers – District youth leaders facilitate these trainings alongside a qualified adult.
- Camp Counselors in Training – Get a discounted rate for PWR camps and partner with a young adult Counselor to lead one of camp's programs: Worship Arts; Covenant Groups; Craft and Field Games; etc.
Youth that attend must have been in YRUU for at least one year.
Adults who attend will be asked to serve as sponsors for the overnight portion (curfew is 11:00 PM) so that the trainers may sleep off site. Attending this training enables you to facilitate future trainings.