MDD Worship Arts and Spirituality Training
Type of event: Training
Sponsor: Pacific Western Region of the UUA
Among Unitarian Universalists, personal and communal expressions of spirituality are religiously important and yet are widely different in actual practice. Cultivating personal spiritual practice and discernment is crucial to achieving sufficient self awareness necessary for religious leadership and a first step in one’s journey toward being able to craft spiritually deep and culturally appropriate and inclusive worshipful experiences for others.
The goal of this training to to impart necessary skills and tools to enact engaging, transcendent, and deeply transformative worship experiences for youth and adults of varied identities in one’s religious community.
Translated: Do you want to learn how to do worship well, develop your own spirituality, and have a TON of fun while doing it? If you said, "Sure, why not?" Then this training is for you!
Outcomes for the Spiritual Development and Worship Training are:
- Participants will be skilled at creating and leading UU youth worship,
- Participants will explore their spiritual identity and gain an understanding of different spiritual practices,
- Participants will have an awareness of how to apply a multicultural lens to worship and spirituality,
- Participants will have a deeper awareness about respectful engagement with spiritual practices not their own,
- Participants will make new friends and have fun, and
- Participants will have greater self-awareness of who they are as spiritual leaders.
Registration deadline is February 3. Register now!
Check-in opens at 5:00pm.
Cancellation Policy: All cancellations prior to February 3rd will be subject to a $15.00 processing fee. Cancellations after the deadline or no-shows forfeit entire registration fee, except in cases of hardship or emergency. Please request refunds in writing to PWRregistrar [at] uua [dot] org.