LUUNA (Latina/o UU Networking Association)
LUUNA is multicultural continental association of Unitarian Universalists dedicated to:
- Attracting more Latina/os to our Unitarian Universalist tradition and for enhancing their participation within it by providing support, guidance, fellowship and advocacy.
- Educating the larger Unitarian Universalist community about Latina/o history, culture and diversity; and facilitating Unitarian Universalist involvement in current issues that affect the various Latina/o communities.
- Sharing aspects of Latina/o spiritual heritage, personal journeys and emerging UU Latina/o Liberation Theology with the larger Unitarian Universalist community thus enriching the worship, mission, and spirituality of our chosen faith.
- Interacting with the Unitarian Universalist Association and other Unitarian Universalist organizations in order to enhance the justice-making abilities of LUUNA and the aforementioned organizations.
- Interacting with other justice-making and multicultural organizations in order to bring about effective social change within our Unitarian Universalist movement so that it can truly become multicultural and empowering of traditionally marginalized and under-represented communities.
Membership in LUUNA is not restricted to Latina/os; it is open to all persons who are in sympathy with the aforementioned purposes, without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, citizenship, or political affiliation and shall not require any adherence to any particular interpretation of religion or to any particular religious belief or creed.